How to increase tmp partition size in cPanel
Most linux servers have a separate tmp partition to prevent from filling up the root directory with temporary files. Temp partition has a fixed size but sometimes it can get overfilled. So let’s see How to increase tmp partition size in cPanel
1. Stop Apache,cPanel,mysql services.
/etc/init.d/httpd stop /etc/init.d/cpanel stop /etc/init.d/mysql stop
2. Umount /tmp and /var/tmp:
umount -l /tmp umount -l /var/tmp
3. Move /usr/tmpDSK file to another location (just in case you’ll need to mount it somewhere else to preserve data):
mv /usr/tmpDSK /usr/tmpDSK_back
4. Modify /scripts/securetmp to set tmpdsksize to desired size:
$tmpdsksize = 2048000 (You can set the size which is you want)
5) Start Apache,cPanel,mysql services.
/etc/init.d/httpd start /etc/init.d/cpanel start /etc/init.d/mysql start