Boot server Into Single User Mode
In this article, we are going to boot a Linux system into single user mode
Single user mode is useful to fix some system problem. Following are steps you need to use to boot server into single user mode.
(1) At grub boot screen (after restart)
(2) Select the kernel
(3) Press the e key to edit the entry
(4) Select second line (the line starting with the word kernel)
(5) Press the e key to edit kernel entry so that you can append single user mode
(6) Append the letter S (or word Single) to the end of the (kernel) line
(8) Now press the b key to boot the Linux kernel into single user mode
(9) When prompted give root password and you be allowed to login into single user mode.
Now enter the root password.